Saturday, February 18, 2012

Making Cookies

While Jay was out cutting wood this afternoon I asked Trey if he wanted to make some cookies for a surprise for Daddy. His response was, "It would make Daddy so happy to eat some cookies with me."

Helping to get everything in the mixing bowl.


He was very gentle with the egg.


Oops- you caught me sneaking chocolate chips out of the bowl again!




Counting the cookies while he waited for them to cool. I told him when the timer beeped (meaning the second batch was coming out of the oven) he could eat one of the cookies that was cooling. Well after he ate the first cookie he said, "When the timer beeps I eat another cookie from that pan over there." I explained to him that he didn't get to eat a cookie from every pan just because the timer went off to signal another pan was finished! Talk about wanting to provide quality control!


Finally getting to eat the finished product.

He also made up a story while reading the cook book. It goes like this

"Once upon a time there was some cookies. And then there were MORE cookies. The end."

1 comment:

  1. I remember baking with my mom so well. What a fun tradition to start with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete