Thursday, February 24, 2011

Randomness

In the last 24 hours....

I carried an infant car seat with said infant inside it, a diaper bag, a bag of groceries, a gift bag and held onto a toddler's hand with a death grip from the second floor of the church, down the hall, into and down the elevator, down the hall again, through two double doors, out into the parking lot and loaded everything into the car. I think I breathed heavily the whole way home!

I got 5 1/2 hours of sleep last night in a row. It was glorious!

Charlotte put herself to sleep in the bassinet twice last night. I laid her down at 10 and at 4 this morning wide awake and she went to sleep on her own without fussing.

I gave up fighting the whole "do not pull on the tablecloth while you eat" during breakfast today. Our dining room table is now only covered by a table pad. It is very appealing to the eye.

Trey likes to have his own napkins during meal times. He has learned to put it in his lap. He also thinks it is hilarious to pretend to cough into it. Unfortunately I think it is hilarious too, so he continues to do this :)

Trey can now take off his diaper under his pajamas. He likes to do this after he poops. This resulted in an impromptu bath this morning.

Trey ran around for 45 minutes upstairs after the impromptu bath in his diaper and white onesie. Every time he ran past me he had on a different pair of his dad's shoes. I regret not having my camera upstairs.

I think Trey is destined for management. Whenever I need to do something (like hang up the phone or put up the newspaper) he runs ahead of me, points to where the object is supposed to go and says "right there!"

I got to take a shower without someone (littler than 3 feet) holding back the shower curtain to soak the bathroom floor.

I have the best job ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment