Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Charlotte's Valentine's Outfit



We had a great time today celebrating Valentine's Day. We started off the festivities this weekend by making homemade Valentines. I had great hopes of getting hand and feet prints of Trey and Charlotte for the Valentines, but Trey did not quite understand the whole idea of painting his whole hand, so I settled for letting him make fingerprints in the card. He had a blast coloring and finger-painting his Valentines. He also put stickers on to the Valentines, his specialty.

Today I took the kids to my class' Valentine's Party at school. Charlotte slept through the whole thing in the Moby Wrap, but she did enjoy visiting some teachers after school when she woke up. Trey had fun watching the kids, handing out Valentine's and playing the computers in the classroom. Every time we went into a new room, he would find a book to look at! Sorry there are no pictures of this event, keeping up with 2 kids left me no hands to take pictures with. Then when we got home Trey and Charlotte had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa. Trey was completely exhausted by the time bedtime came around!

This is Charlotte in the Moby at 1 week old. I love wearing her and being hands free!

I also made some Valentine's treats. We had whole wheat heart-shaped soft pretzels. They were very fun to make! For dinner we had a heart shaped pizza and I finally found a successful whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Don't worry, I didn't waste the cut off pizza dough, I turned them into breadsticks. Finally no Valentine's Day is complete without a little chocolate. I made Jay a Chocolate Chip Cake for dessert.







We hope you had a great Valentine's Day too! Love, The Hipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment