Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bring in the Bulldozers!

Many people are surprised when they find out where we live. Not just because it is in the country, but it is so far from "town." We love it out here and I seriously cannot imagine living in a neighborhood now. When we drive through neighborhoods I cannot get over how close together the houses are. I grew up in a neighborhood so this is definitely a new shift of my thinking. And if you told me 6 years ago I would be living out here and enjoying it I would have never believed you.

One of our main reasons for moving here (besides our jobs) was because we wanted to build a house. After 4 long years of wanting to build our own home, the dream is finally coming true. For almost a year Jay and his parents have been working hard to cut down the trees on the house site. During that time we have interviewed contractors, settled on a designer/contractor, drew up a house plan, finalized the house plan and waited for people to call us back :) Last Thursday we closed on our construction loan, Friday we finalized the plans and schedule with the contractor and tomorrow the project is finally getting started! The bulldozer is coming tomorrow to start the excavating part of the project and we are scheduled for this



to turn into this



in 6-8 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment