Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Tease

Even though tomorrow is technically "the first day of spring" according to the student planners in my second grade class, it does not feel that way!  Saturday we woke up to a wet, gloomy day, but by 10 am the sun had peeked through the clouds and it was starting to warm up.  I took the kids outside on a walk to put some letters in the mailbox thinking we would come back inside right afterwards.  Once they saw how nice the weather was we played outside the rest of the morning.

Cooper loved watching everyone outside.  The kids still don't like Cooper in their face when they are playing, but Charlotte tells him everything she is doing.  "Hi Cooper, I going to mail box now.... I picking up rocks now.... Can you see me Cooper?" 

 The slide had been in the garage since last summer and when I brought it out it was a big hit! Last summer we had to stand right by Charlotte the whole time so she wouldn't fall and now she is a pro at climbing and sliding down. 


 Trey found an area of dirt where the grass ends and the house begins.  I had originally planned to put down mulch and do some flower beds in that area, but after he spent 4 hours on Saturday playing in the dirt with various items I don't think I have the heart to take away his dirt pile right now. 

 The kids both napped great and then were outside again right after they woke up.  This time it was even warmer so they got to leave off their coats!  Trey dug up the dirt and made dirt mounds all afternoon. 

Charlotte found a bucket to collect rocks in.  She would only pick up the sparkly ones to put in her bucket! 


We don't have a big swing set right now because the kids don't like playing in the backyard with Cooper.  I hope to work on that this summer so by next summer we can put a swing set in the backyard and they can play with Cooper.  I do love that they don't need anything fancy to have fun.  A couple of digging tools left over from the dollar store last summer, some rocks and a bucket were all they needed to have tons of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment