Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Heard Around Here

There is never silence at our house.  Kids are still talking all. the. time. even at 1:30 am. 

The best conversations are the ones they have amongst themselves.

In the bathtub last night
Trey: Charlotte pull up the plug so the water can go down.
Charlotte: Okay, Trey
Trey:  The water goes down our hole and into someone else's house where they can pour it out and drink it.

At the dinner table
Charlotte: Trey, I buckle my seat.  You buckle your seat?
Trey: No Charlotte I don't need to buckle up in my seat.
Charlotte: No Trey! You buckle!
imagine this going on and on until someone finally finishes eating and gets down 

Charlotte has also learned the importance of tattling for younger siblings
Charlotte: Mommy, Trey not listening the first time.  Trey, listen the first time.
Trey: ignores Charlotte
Charlotte: TREY, YOU LISTEN!

 Trey used to be a man of few words.  Now he uses as many as possible to share his thoughts.

At dinner last night,
Trey: Daddy, can you get me a drink.  I can't drink anything when I am thirsty if you don't get me a drink.  If you do get me a drink then I won't be thirsty anymore, but I don't have a drink right now so I am thirsty.  I need a drink so I won't be thirsty anymore.

My favorite conversation was last night at 1:30 and 4:30 respectively
knock knock on our bedroom door
Me: Trey just come in, stop knocking! (the door is open and he always closes it and then knocks in the middle of the night)
Trey tiptoes to the bed
Me: Trey what do you want?
Trey: I just want to lay with you for a minute.
Me: Okay, climb in and sleep on the pillow with your Daddy (hey when you are the one who wakes up you shouldn't have to share your pillow!)

3 hours later
bang bang in the dark in our bedroom
Me: Charlotte, what are you doing
Charlotte: I have stool to climb up.  I sleep with you.
Me: Jay, wake up.  Carry Trey back to his bed so Charlotte can climb in here now.
Charlotte sets her stool she brought with her to our room against the bed and climbs up.  
Seriously?? She brought a stool with her??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment