Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Double Stroller.... Finally!!

Before Trey was born I searched high and low for the perfect stroller.  I really wanted one that was easy to fold up and open, could maneuver smoothly around corners, and was fitted for rougher terrain (a.k.a. where we live).  We purchased a City Jogger stroller and have loved it for almost 4 years.

A sleepy Trey getting ready to take a nap in his stroller.
I absolutely love this stroller.  In fact I recommended it to many friends and convinced some to buy a similar one for their new babies.  When we originally bought this stroller it had a jump seat attachment you could buy.  A jump seat attached to the front making it a double stroller! Perfect! Since we knew we were having more kids after Trey we thought this was a great investment. 

Charlotte riding in the stroller and Trey walking along at Halloween in 2011.

Fast forward to baby #2 and right before Charlotte is born the jump seat is recalled and we can't buy one anywhere.  Because of the recall, no one was allowed to sell a used one either.  We were really bummed, so for a while I just wore Charlotte in the Moby and pushed Trey in the stroller.  Then when Trey got a little bit bigger, we held his hand while we put Charlotte in the stroller.  Since we had 2 little ones who needed naps, we didn't go out too much and only 3-4 times a year (mainly when we went to the mall) would I wish we had a double stroller.  Trey was pretty shy at this time so he would stick to me like glue and I didn't have to worry about him running off even if he wasn't strapped in. 

Trey and his cousin Chandler 3 years ago hanging out in their strollers together.
 Now both kids are older and enjoy going out to activities in town since we aren't tied to the house for naps.  I was thinking how nice it would be to have a double stroller so that it is easier for me to take them places by myself and they both can sit down and ride.  The perks of our original stroller aren't necessary anymore because I don't need it to recline for anyone to nap, I don't need much storage space, and when we go for walks outdoors they can both walk. 


This will be great for going to parades, shopping trips, and places like zoos or parks with lots of walking.  The kids buckled themselves in before Jay had finished putting all the small pieces in place and wanted to go for a ride.  I don't think the wheels are ready for hilly, uneven grass so we stayed inside and did laps downstairs for 30 minutes.  I had to bribe them with a cookie to get them to get out, and even then Charlotte buckled herself right back in when she finished it!  They loved that there was a seat a for both of them.

Trey wanted a picture with his silly face. 

When the box came this evening they were both literally jumping up and down and Trey said, "Look it's a stroller.  Look Charlotte there is a seat for you and a seat for me."  Charlotte came up to the box and pointed, "My seat, Trey's seat."  

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-City-Street-Stroller-Black/dp/B003TRVFJG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363133576&sr=8-1&keywords=delta+double+stroller



I was looking for a double stroller that fit through doorways, had some storage on the back, and was lightweight without having a teddy bear pattern all over it.  I feel like this a nice compromise between an umbrella stroller and a heavy duty double stroller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment