Saturday, April 16, 2011

Recap

Here are some highlights from this past week. I realize that with working I am ready to go to bed as soon as the kids are asleep and everything is ready for the next day which equals little blogging time. *Sigh* I miss that precious 2 hour nap time in the afternoons.

*Charlotte turned 3 months old last week. I weighed her on the bathroom scale (which I like to think is a little inaccurate..) and she weighed in at 13.2 lbs.

* Charlotte has decided she only needs to nap for 45 minutes at a time. However, she is sleeping 9 hours straight consistently every night.

* Trey has LOVED going to his grandparents everyday and has been so good for us getting up and getting ready in the morning.

* Trey has started using new words like lotion and stool this week. He carries his little stool with him everywhere in an attempt to reach higher places.

* Trey pooped in the bathtub last night. It was not pretty. I spent my Friday night bleaching the whole downstairs bathroom because he didn't stop after I pulled him out of the tub.

* On Wednesday Charlotte vomited on me twice before 7:00 am. We both went through 3 outfits in 45 minutes.

* They have finished putting the subfloor on the downstairs of our house this week. Jay met with the contractor yesterday and we have to pick out exterior door hinges this weekend. Seriously.... who picks out minute things like exterior door hinges?

*We looked a catalog of front doors over dinner last night. I never thought I would get excited about a front door.

* I have enjoyed being back in the classroom this week. My students have brought me lots of pictures, notes, and flowers this week. Many parents have written me notes saying welcome back.

*Jay works at my school 2 days a week. Yesterday he taught a lesson in my classroom for about an hour. It was so much fun teaching with him. My students were excited that Mr. Hipes and Mrs. Hipes were both in their classroom.

* Jay will spend at least 3 hours everyday from now until Easter Sunday at church for the Easter Pageant. He is playing a disciple. Charlotte has been practicing her role as baby Jesus by wearing a diaper and nothing else in the evenings :)

* After the bathroom was clean and the kids were asleep and Jay was still at church I downloaded a book on my kindle and read on the sofa. Even though I fell asleep probably within 30 minutes it was such a wonderful me time.

* I took both kids to the spring carnival at my school today. Trey enjoyed handing over his tickets and getting to play any game that involved throwing a ball.

Trey loves kissing and hugging his sister. Now that we have put her in his lap a few times he constantly wants her to sit with him or lay beside him.



These pictures pictures were taken last week on Charlotte's 3 month birthday!





Trey loves his new table and chairs from his Grandma and Grandpa. He likes to sit at the table and eat his breakfast on the weekends.



These pictures from the house are from this past Monday. This was the first week they have been able to work every day because of the weather so it looks completely different now! Here is looking out from the basement. You can see the windows and french doors that lead out from the basement.



Looking into the basement from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment