Monday, February 18, 2013

Fashion Show

As we approach March I know some random warm days will pop up and the kids will have nothing to wear!  Luckily they aren't growing quite as fast as when they were babies so some items can be reused from last summer, but for the most part a new season means a whole new wardrobe (only the for the kids- not the adults!). 

I am having a hard time deciding whether to get Charlotte 2t or 3t clothes this summer.  She is in 2t and some 24 month clothes for the winter, but I want to make sure what I buy lasts all summer and into warm fall days.  However, we plan to be finished with cloth diapers and into big girl underwear by the summer, which is a lot less bulky.  This past Saturday, I went through a few tubs of hand me downs from a friend to check the sizes.  Luckily Charlotte was "helping" me and was willing to try on any clothes I put on her. 

I see her as a fashion blogger in the future. 

I love this rainbow stripe Carter's dress.  It is a 3t and fits her perfectly!

Charlotte liked the pretty flower and called this a "hairbow" shirt because of the ribbons on the shoulders.

This dress has a funny story.  I got Charlotte the same one for $3 at Walmart 2 summers ago when she was 9 months old.  My aunt also got the dress in size 24 months at the same time, which she wore all last summer.  My friend's daughter had the same dress in size 3t and gave it Charlotte.  It was by far her favorite on Saturday and she didn't want to take off the purple dress for a while!  There were also shoes in the clothing tubs and Trey was helping Charlotte try some on. 
I think I will err on the size of caution and go ahead and get 3t for Charlotte.  It is much easier to wear something a little larger than too small.  Plus with dresses, which is mostly what she wears in the summer, the length is really all the matters and all the 3t dresses were the perfect length even if they were roomy in the body. 

Now onto getting Trey's spring wardrobe ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment