Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tractor Love

We do not own a tractor. I myself have never been on a tractor (that I can remember). But we do live in the country and so tractors are a way of life. Often I find myself describing to Jay "I am just passing the big green tractor," when he asks how close I am to home. Or sometimes I mention the house where the chickens always wander along the road.

When I drive the kids home in the afternoon Trey always asks if the cows are in the road because sometimes I have to drive real slow and honk the horn and Trey yells, "Cows go home!" when we drive down Grandma and Grandpa's dirt road and the cows have gotten past the fence. Yeah, I would say that's the country.

We have had some unseasonably warmer temperatures the past few days so we have been trying to get the kids outside to get some energy out and get some fresh air. Trey was playing around and came up with the brilliant idea to hook his beach wheelbarrow to the back of tricycle so now he could have "my tractor." It is very useful for carrying rocks and sticks.

Tonight he played in the garage because it was getting dark outside. Jay backed out the cars and he had a grand time with the rocks and tractor.



Then apparently the mud in the garage was too much for him because he came running inside and asked, "May I clean up the mess?" I didn't know what he was talking about but I told him sure. I figured he couldn't do any harm cleaning up whatever mess there was. I went out in the garage and found him sweeping away.



I think he just pushed the dirt into a pile and drove the "tractor" right over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment