Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Open Yous Mouth

Tonight for dinner I decided to make a new recipe. It was a delicious homemade with real food mac and cheese recipe that everyone in my house ate. Yes you read the correctly everyone. I can't remember the last time everyone ate the same main dish at my house, but I digress...

Unfortunately the recipe involves standing at the stove stirring the milk and pasta constantly for 15 minutes. Upside: dinner is ready in 15 minutes. Downside: I have to be at the stove stirring for 15 minutes. That means for 15 minutes I cannot watch the children crawl under the table, tell Trey to stop hugging Charlotte, eagle eye Charlotte to make sure she isn't eating random dust off the floor, or wipe a snotty nose. And we have a lot of snotty noses around here, but I digress again.

So to keep Charlotte happy and not eating dust off the floor, I put her in her high chair to eat her favorite appetizer. Frozen peas. I read somewhere they were really good for teething babies and one night when she was fussy I gave it a try and they are now her favorite food. I can't complain I just pull the bag out of freezer, plop some on her highchair, and she is content to eat away. Except for tonight when I can't reload her highchair after the initial serving because I am stirring the milk and pasta.

Have no fear, big brother is here! He was carrying his plate to his place at the table and he saw Charlotte's plate was ready for her. He carried it in the dining room too. Then he yells out, "Open yous mouth Charlotte, I feed you!" And proceeded to feed her everything from her plate and when she was finished with that he hand fed her frozen pea after frozen pea until we told him she had had enough! And Charlotte ate every drop he fed her. At one point he yelled to me it the kitchen, "I feeding my sister peas, Mommy." I told him he was such a good big brother.







After dinner they spent the evening chasing each other on the floor. Really who needs baby toys when you have a 2 year old brother available for entertainment. And he gets a kick out of her laughing and crawling after him. Trey got a slide for Christmas from his Grandma and Grandpa. He loves to go down it, but he really loves it when Charlotte goes down with him. I will put her in his lap and hold on while they slide down together. Now if Trey is on the slide alone Charlotte makes a beeline for him so someone will put her up there too.



Amazingly, no baby or toddler has been hurt in this activity. Yet.


1 comment: