Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had such a great weekend! It was filled with holiday activities and time together.
  • On Friday Trey had his last speech session. He started speech at 24 months old because he was only speaking about 15 words and now his vocabulary is over 400 words. He is 32 months old and met or exceeded all the 36 month old speech milestones, as well as placing 36 months old in gross motor, fine motor, and social/ emotional developmental areas. Once again he showed us he likes to do things in his own time :) We are so proud of him and love hearing all he has to say.... even if it seems like we can't get him to STOP talking now.
  • Saturday morning we put the finishing touches on our Christmas decorations. Including figuring out how to hang the enormous wreath on our fireplace (where hopefully one day a flat screen tv will rest).
  • Trey helped Jay find sticks to put into the fireplace wreath to add a more rustic feel to the ribbon, pine cones, and berries already adorning it. Tonight he asked me "What's that?" pointing to a wreath in the kitchen. When I told him it was a wreath his next question was, "Where's the sticks?"
  • Trey has started calling Charlotte "my baby." On Saturday morning I put Charlotte in his bed with him and he said, "Thank you for bringing me my baby, Mommy." and then when Charlotte was trying to crawl out of his bed to go play he said, "Go take care of my baby now Mommy."
  • Charlotte spent most of the weekend chasing Trey around the house. He likes to crawl on the floor with her and she is a fast mover and will get to wherever he is.
  • We hosted our Sunday School Christmas party at our house on Saturday evening. We had 14 adults and 8 kids come. The party included wrapping all the presents for the angel tree child our class adopted, a yummy BBQ dinner and the annual dirty santa ornament exchange. We ended up with the lovely ornaments of cheese with the label "I love stinky cheese" and a clay Santa.
  • Charlotte wore her Christmas dress to church on Sunday complete with a matching hair bow. She looked so adorable! We forgot to get pictures today, but I am sure we will take more.
  • Charlotte is the happiest baby ever! She spent the whole Christmas party watching people, crawling to get to presents or toys, and being passed from person to person. She entertained the dining room by buzzing her lips for 15 minutes and then laughing hysterically like she was the funniest kid ever.
  • We spent Sunday afternoon with the kids napping and Jay and I relaxing downstairs. It was the first time in a long time that I can remember just reading and relaxing and not worrying about laundry or housework.
  • Sunday evening Jay went to church to help with the children's choir program because he helps teach children's choir on Wednesday night. I was flying solo with bedtime duty. I introduced Trey to The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein and he loved it. We read it 3 times before bed. Later when I told him I would come back to read to him after I put Charlotte to bed I could hear him saying in his room, "Want Apples? And the tree was happy."
  • During Trey's nighttime prayer he got a little distracted. It went something like this, "Dear God, Thank you for Mommy and Daddy. (pauses to think about this) Daddy is at church. (looks at me) Daddy is at church with my church bus. Thank you for my church bus. Amen." Seriously I don't know if any kid has ever prayed for the church bus as much as Trey has.
  • I was so refreshed from relaxing in the evening I made peanut butter balls, a loaf of bread, pizza dough, and a hashbrown casserole after the kids went to bed. It felt so good to be productive and now all my dinners are prepped for the week!
Ok, so that was a really long recap! I love to use the blog to see how our lives have changed and what season of life we are in now. One day I am sure those little details will be so much fun to go back and read. And thank you if you made it all the way through this wordy post!

2 comments:

  1. You are a super mom! I don't have the energy to make anything after putting Luke down, and he's my only little one! whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ashley, I wish I was a super mom but I fall short of that title every day! Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete