Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Morning

We had a great Christmas morning here. Unbelievably, I was the first one to wake up at 7:30! I quickly woke up the kids- Hello, Santa came and we gotta check out the toys! No really I woke them up because if we let them sleep in too long then they don't nap, and this mama needs that nap time!

The kids did really well opening presents. Last year Trey wanted nothing to do with opening any presents and this year he really seemed to get into it. Charlotte didn't really know what was going on, but she was happy to play with any tissue paper or wrapping paper she could get her hands on!

Warning: There are lots of pictures coming up. My kids look really cute in their pajamas. Me, not so much. But I love them enough to share their Christmas morning pictures despite what I look like first thing in the morning. Luckily, my husband loves me even after seeing me first thing in the morning.

The goodies set up for the kids to see!


Jay came downstairs first to get set up with the camera. Then we let the kids come down.



A first glimpse of what Santa left him.


So excited about his stocking.


First he brought his stocking and Charlotte's stocking over to me. When Trey pulled out 2 DVDs from his stocking he said, "Oh, one for me and one for Charlotte." Then he gave one of his DVDs to Charlotte. I won't say he shared this good this rest of the morning, but he knows whenever there are 2 of something he is supposed to give one to his sister!


Charlotte didn't get the whole toys in the stocking thing. But she gladly played with whatever I pulled out.


After looking at the Santa presents and stockings Trey pretty much just wanted to play on Charlotte's riding toy. He didn't want to open his other presents for a while.


It worked out okay because Charlotte just wanted to play with his underwear package.



After a while they were ready to open some presents. Now I am so glad they each only had 1 stocking, 1 big presents that was unwrapped and 2 presents to open. Any more and they would have been completely overwhelmed!






Trey put on his snowboots as soon as he opened them. Thanks Granddaddy!


Say Cheese! The camera was really a present for Charlotte, but I think Trey has played with it more than any toy he received.


Charlotte got a new baby doll.


She is so gentle and nurturing with it.


Trey loves his "favorite puter" as he calls his new portable DVD player.


The construction worker hard at work.



Trey finally let Charlotte have a turn on her riding toy. She really likes the buttons and dancing to the music. She can't quite get it to go on her own yet, but I am sure she will soon.


Christmas night Uncle Mark and Grandma came over for dinner and more presents.

Uncle Mark knows Trey very well and gave a stuffed Mickey Mouse. Trey carries Mickey Mouse everywhere! I should also note that Trey has become very opinionated about his clothing choices these days. Apparently brown and gray now go together because he insists on wearing his super Grover shirt whenever it is clean with brown pants. He also likes to refer to himself as "SUPERTREY!" when wearing this shirt.





Grandma and Grandpa got Trey his very own slide. He has had a lot of fun playing on it and having Charlotte go down in his lap!



At the end of the night Trey and Charlotte were playing with a book Uncle Mark got Charlotte. At first they were just waving it between each other and laughing and then Trey told her to pull hard. They both pulled together and I am not sure who pulled harder!



No comments:

Post a Comment