Tuesday, June 28, 2011

So Blessed

I am continually reminded of how blessed we are as a family. I had a conversation a few weeks ago with a senior who just graduated and is gearing up to head to Tech in the fall. She was telling me how excited she was and I started sharing how that was one of the best times in my life and how much I knew she was going to enjoy being in Blacksburg. She was like yeah, but I really can't wait to be where you are. Upon my confused expression she explained, "you know, already married to a great husband and with cute young kids." And it made me think, I always wanted to be here too.

Now that I am here it is so easy to complain about the lack of sleep, utter exhaustion, a body that will not go back to its college days no matter how hard I work out, and fixing 3 different meals a day for 4 people! But then I remember, it is more about the time together, the giggles, sweet baby noises and toddler hugs and kisses.

This morning Charlotte was practicing her new talent- shrieking with delight- at 6:30 in the morning. I roll over to Jay who has a pillow over his head and is sound asleep. I go into the kids room and pick up Charlotte and Trey scoots off the bed to go find his daddy. We all spend the morning in the big bed as Trey calls it, cuddling, laughing, getting climbed on, and loving every moment. We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment