Thursday, April 17, 2014

Musings of a Five Year Old Boy

Each day I am amazed at the thoughts and ideas that Trey shares.  Sometimes they are things he has learned at school, ideas he has heard at church or just things he makes up.  He has always had his own personality, but I am seeing it emerge on a whole new level as he moves out of the preschool years. 


 Here are some of our conversations today.  This is just a small sample of the conversations we have every day.

Me: Trey, please get a tissue for your nose. 
Trey: But I like licking my snot, it tastes good.

Trey: (comes in from outside) Mommy, here is a flower I picked for you.  It is purple because that's your favorite color.


Me: Do you want to take a shower soon instead of just baths?
Trey: No, I will take a shower when I am a grown up.
Me: How old do you have to be to be a grown up?
Trey: 10 or 14 or maybe 25

Tonight's bedtime prayer: Dear God. Thank you for our family, for helping me to be brave, and for making manes on lions. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment