Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer Break

For many people summer break means sleeping in all morning.  That is not the case at this house.  No matter what time she goes to bed, Charlotte wakes up at 6 am.  Not only does she wake up, she comes out of her room, closes the door behind her, goes potty, then comes to our room.  So at approximately 6:05 every morning a 2 year old in a pajama top with a pull up around her ankles is trying to put my glasses on my face to wake me up. She never even goes to Jay's side of the bed. 

 Charlotte and I traipse downstairs and start our morning while the boys keep sleeping.  Usually by the time I get downstairs I am in a better mood and we enjoy our one on one time together.
Goldfish- the breakfast of champions.  Or what I let Charlotte eat when she found a bowl left out from snack time the day before and insisted on eating it for breakfast. 

Summer break also means cooking yummy foods.  I have extra time to prep for dinner (instead of just the night before) and time to make healthy snacks.
My kitchen helpers

Trey gets his one on one mommy time during Charlotte's nap.  Trey usually rests in his bed for about 30 minutes, and the deal is if he stays in bed and is quiet I will come and get him in 30 minutes.  This usually coincides with the cool down of my workout, which he absolutely loves to join.

Trey is re-enacting a bicycle crunch for this picture. 
After 5 straight days at home we needed a new activity this evening.  I spent yesterday cleaning out the garage and I found a bag of toys leftover from when my niece visited it us a few years ago.  The best part about these toys is that they were mine when I was little and my niece brought them from my parent's house to our old house.  Trey and Charlotte have been playing with these little dolls and cars all evening.  The fact that they were "Halle's toys when she was little" (their words) moves them into the most amazing toys ever category. After Trey wanted me to make a house out of legos for the toys and I declined we pulled out Charlotte's doll house.   Earlier this week I learned legos are not my calling and that Trey needs to wait for Daddy to be home if he wants anything built like the pages in the lego book.    

Do you see the My Little Pony?  That is probably at least 22 years old. 



No comments:

Post a Comment