Saturday, January 19, 2013

Minnie Mouse

We celebrated Charlotte's birthday with a Minnie Mouse party.  It was a really easy theme to decorate for and Charlotte loves Minnie Mouse! Thank you to my cousin Jillian for taking most of these pictures so Jay and I could enjoy the party!

 The kids were Mickey and Minnie for Halloween this past year so I had them wear their costumes again to match the party theme. Here is the birthday girl ready for her party!


I love using the chalkboard for special occasions!  On the basement door we set up the game "Pin the ring on Minnie." 

All the food set up.  I had a disaster with attempting to make marshmallows on Friday night and Saturday morning and I couldn't get all the sticky off the kitchen island, so I used Minnie wrapping paper as a table runner.  One of our friends from church had a Mickey party last summer and they shared the Mickey topiaries and bowls with us.  

We took out the Christmas cards from the kitchen frames and put in Charlotte's birth announcement, her invitations to last year's party and this year's parties.  These frames are so easy to change decorations in and out. 

The only problem is some of the 3-D parts to the decorations get squished.  The pink in the middle is Charlotte's Minnie Mouse invitation Jay made.  I pinned a bunch of ideas and then Jay cut all the paper and created the wording using Disney font on his computer.  The bow is really 3-D in real life.  

 I had planned to have a hot chocolate bar for they party and despite being 70 degrees outside we still enjoyed the hot chocolate! I made the hot chocolate in the crock pot and it was very chocolatey! We had crushed heath bar, white and semi-sweet chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candies and "marshmallow fluff" (the homemade marshmallow disaster) to top on the hot chocolate.

 We did cupcakes instead of a Minnie cake to make life a little easier.  Thank you A.C. for these cute Minnie cupcake toppers so we didn't have to create our own!

In the dining room we decorated the top of the buffet.  I painted white foam balls from Walmart pink and white and used polka dot ribbon with a Minnie cut out to finish off the hurricane vases.  We used the table runner my mom made for Charlotte's cupcake party last year.  Jay had given me flowers for my anniversary earlier in the week so I broke up the arrangement and placed them around the house.  Jay made a Minnie Mouse printable on his computer that we framed too.  


After we ate the kids played "Pin the ring on Minnie."  I got the game at the party store and I knew they would love it.  Trey wanted to wear the blindfold to play, even though he kept peeking! 


Charlotte did not want to wear the blindfold, but she had fun putting the ring stickers on Minnie too. 

More party pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment