Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Cards

I love Christmas cards; getting them, sending them, looking through old ones.  My favorite are photo cards, especially from friends we don't see very often.  It is neat to see how families have grown and changed over the years. 

This year I was trying to figure out the best way to display our cards.  I saw some ideas on Pinterest and changed the ribbon on kitchen cabinets to putting ribbon on the door to our basement.  I couldn't find any red or green clothespins to hook the cards onto the ribbon so I just used tape to attach them to the wall.  This way I also don't have to worry about them being snapped off the ribbon by little hands.  Trey and Charlotte love to look at the cards and Charlotte likes you to open each one and read it to her. 



I also wanted to display our photo cards from years past.  After some digging in the basement I found our Christmas card from 4 years ago.  I still had one from last year and this year, but the year I was pregnant with Charlotte and Trey was 20 months old was a Christmas card disaster.  I remember Trey would not take a picture for us no matter what we tried, and once we got a halfway decent photo we stayed up until midnight creating the card from CVS because it was December 20th. Then CVS printed them wrong so we had to do them again and they barely got in the mail before Christmas.  So we have no leftovers from that year because I think we actually ran out.   Anyways I used cards from 2009, 2011, and 2012 for this display. There is supposed to be distressed red H in the empty box, but I keep forgetting to order it from etsy :)



 I used scrapbook paper I originally bought for another project and the frames were already on the wall with other printables so this was completely free and took about 30 minutes one evening.

2012


2011


2009
The kids love checking the mailbox for Christmas cards.  They also helped us mail the cards.  Here they are bundled up and ready to go deliver the cards to the mailbox.


No comments:

Post a Comment