Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cleaning Up

Tonight after dinner I was cleaning up the dishes and loading the dishwasher. Without any prompting Trey walked to his place and brought me his bowl of leftover grapes. Then he put the lid on the grapes. Next, he took his plate to the trashcan, lifted the lid and dumped out his leftover food and put his plate in the sink. Literally I did not say a thing to him the entire time. I held my breath trying to watch him maneuver the trashcan, plate, and trash, but he did it all himself. Then he brought me his napkin and I showed him where to put it and he got my napkin and Jay's napkin and put them with his. He is only 2!

My 31 year old husband did not do a single one of those things tonight. Or most nights. Well, to be fair he does if he is asked.

My friend posted this quote one time and I think it greatly applies here, "To his future wife, you are welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment