Friday, March 18, 2011

15 Minutes

This morning I woke up refreshed and ready for the day. Why, you may ask? Especially considering last night at 11:00 pm I thought I would never get any sleep and I was beyond my usual evening crankiness and ready to never have children again. Charlotte slept through the night last night from 11:00 pm-6:10 am. Yes it was exactly 6:10 on the clock when I squinted my eyes and got close enough to my clock to read it. I was ecstatic! It totally made the 2 hours I spent last night trying to get her to fall asleep and ending in total frustration as she would *I think* finally be asleep only to wake up fussing 5 minutes later erased from my mind. Well, mostly erased.

She went back to sleep after she ate at 6:10 so I got up around 7 by myself. Friends, let me tell you that is a rarity! After complaining last night to my wonderful husband that I never have any time to myself and I didn't see it happening anytime in the near future, I got 15 whole minutes to myself. I made my coffee, emptied the dishwasher and prayed for my children before they woke up. This may not sound very fun to you, but for someone who has a toddler trying to help empty the dishwasher and has lost many sippy cup lids through this process the ability to empty the clean dishes, put them where the belong and not loose any pieces was lovely.

I have decided to make today about the kids. I got my 15 minutes to start my morning and so today I will not try to clean the house, fold laundry, or run up and down the stairs to the dismay of my toddler because when he finally makes it upstairs and I am running back down to do another chore. I will sit on the floor and play with them. I will take them outside for a walk and to play. The dust bunnies will sit until tomorrow, we have clothes to wear in our closets, and the dishes are already put away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment