Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Almost There

I am entering the home stretch of this pregnancy.  While pregnancy is usually pretty easy for me, it still involves growing a human, complete with the weight gain, rib kicks, and constant bathroom trips.  I am almost at the point where I just want the baby to be here!

My body is waking up every 3 hours during the night.  I am guessing this is to get ready for the every 3 hour feedings after baby arrives.  I have learned the trick to settling down at night is a warm bath and I take one pretty much every night before I go to bed.  This helps me to relax and then I drift right off to sleep instead of tossing and turning trying to get comfortable like I was a few weeks ago.

This picture was taken last week at 35 weeks pregnant.  I am 36 weeks now and will be considered full term on Tuesday, February 11th. 

At about 33 weeks I was working myself into a state of complete exhaustion every night and I was so achy I could hardly walk around by bedtime.  I realized I needed to slow down and let some things go, mainly my housework.  So if you stop by unannounced there will be baskets of clean, but unfolded laundry in the living room, dishes in the sink with a dishwasher that hasn't been emptied, and probably toys lying all around.  I have decided my most important job right now is to be present with my husband, my kids and to keep this baby healthy until full term.  That means I can't be picking up the house like crazy and scrubbing bathtubs after the kids go to bed.  Right now it is okay if we eat sandwiches for dinner or even cereal.

This photo was taken a couple of week ago.  The nursery is much more put together now and I will put up some new photos soon!

The nursery is coming along and almost ready for the baby.  This weekend we have to put a few things up on the wall then get out the bassinet and swing for the baby.  I am waiting to put the finishing touches on the nursery until after the baby is born so we can add blue or pink accents and then put the name up on the wall.  Charlotte loves to sit in the rocking chair in the baby's room to be rocked or put her dolls in the bouncy seat or baby bath tub.  She wants to make sure everything is just right for her baby brother or sister.

Charlotte's baby spends a lot of time in the bouncy seat these days. 
Right now both kids want a baby brother, but we have talked and I think they will be excited whether the baby is a boy or a girl.  Last week my doctor said this baby will probably be somewhere between the size of Trey (7 lb 2 oz) and Charlotte (8 lb 2 oz).  I would be perfectly happy if this baby came early like Trey and Charlotte, so if it gets to the end of February with no baby in sight you will probably find me logging miles on the treadmill trying to get labor started!  For now I will just enjoy the baby kicks and getting to go back to sleep at night after I wake up, instead of being up for hours on end, which I know is coming!

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting! I have to find out the sex of the baby, picking a name is hard enough without needing to pick two names! Enjoy sleeping, it's the hardest part of having a tiny baby for sure!

    ReplyDelete