Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Flair for Drama

I am not sure there is anything more dramatic than a 2 year old girl, except maybe a 13 year old girl, but at least we have 11 years until we get there.  Charlotte has become quite the little drama queen in the past few months and I think her brother is getting slightly exasperated.


Conversation at breakfast on Saturday morning...

Charlotte: "MOMMY, come feed me."
Me: "Charlotte, why can't you feed yourself?"
Charlotte: "I too busy."
Trey: (who was sitting across the dining room table from Charlotte): "Charlotte, you are not too busy, you are just sitting at the table."
Charlotte (with all the attitude a 2 year old can deliver): "I AM too busy. "

Then later on when she had to go to timeout for hitting her brother on the head...

Charlotte: (sitting on the bottom of the stairs crying):  "This is NOT fair.  This is NOT fair.  I be a good listener now. This is NOT fair." 

In the car on the way home from church...

Charlotte (pushing as hard as she can against the car seat straps): "I stuck.  Trey save me.  I stuck."
Trey: "Charlotte you don't need to be saved.  You have to stay in your seat. "
Charlotte (moving into a full blown scream): "Get me out! Get me out!"
Trey: "Charlotte, you can get out when we get home.  You have to stay in your seat until we get home."


Tonight we went to see the children's choir performance at church.  Trey's class was filmed singing a few Wednesdays ago and they play it on the screen in the sanctuary before the older kids sing on stage.  Trey and I went to the performance together and left Charlotte in the nursery.  Trey did so good sitting on the pew and watching the kids.

At bedtime I asked him if he wanted to thank God for anything special that happened today.  I was thinking he would mention listening to the singing because he kept talking about it on the way home.  He prayed, "Dear God, thank you for us dropping off Charlotte at the nursery."


No comments:

Post a Comment