Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Meaningful Christmas

Two posts two days in a row??? What is going on??? I really do want to be better about blogging more than a couple of times a month.  This is my main record of our lives during the early kid years and I know I will forget a lot of these things down the years. 

A few weeks ago a lady in my church invited me (and 22 other ladies) to participate in A Meaningful Christmas.  The idea is that 24 ladies get together and make 24 ornaments based on a Bible verse in the Christmas story.  I had to make 24 ornaments based on Rev. 22:13 Alpha and Omega.  I searched online and in many craft stores for Alpha and Omega symbols but I couldn't find any, so we improvised. Jay was definitely very helpful in making my ornament!

The first thing I did was cut all the paper to 2" x 3" and mod podge them onto the wooden ornament bases.  The last time I used mod podge was when my high school friends and I made each other scrapbooks for our 16th birthdays, so needless to say it had been a while!


The Jay wrote Alpha and Omega in calligraphy on the white papers and I mod podged those to the ornaments. 

Before we had kids we made our own Christmas ornaments because, well, we had a lot more time on our hands :)  The snowflake cut-out is leftover from cards we made our first year married.  We had to dig in the basement, but I knew we had the snowflake punch somewhere! 


Here are most of the ornaments tied and ready to go.  I say most because I was about 7 ornaments short with the ribbon so Jay had to run out to Walmart Monday afternoon before the party and get some more ribbon! I think I mentioned earlier how helpful he was during this entire process because crafts are not really my thing.


Last night I got together with all the other ladies and we had an ornament exchange.  Everyone's ornaments turned out so cute and I love how unique they all are.  This would be something I would love to make for my family, but I would never actually get around to doing it so having this set up and organized was a huge blessing.


 I also got a devotional book to read one devotion each day with the kids and then hang up the ornament that goes with that day's devotion.  It starts on Dec. 1 and ends the 24th.  I think this will be a really fun tradition to do together and I am hoping to find a good deal on a small fake tree after Christmas that we can use each year just for these advent ornaments.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! I love this! :) & your ornaments look so great!

    ReplyDelete