Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Not Mom of the Year

This week E, Myself, and I didn't do her usual Midweek Confessions link up, but I have too many confessions this week to skip out so I will link to her post from last week.

 

And here, in no particular order, is why I will not be nominated for Mom of the Year, EVER.

  • We let Trey dress himself in the mornings.  It makes our lives much easier than fighting a battle every morning with a 3 year old over what he is going to wear.  Especially since the only people seeing him are his parents, sister and grandparents most days and we all appreciate his unique style. 

  • Conversation in the car last weekend when I took the kids to Wal-Mart solo to pick up some school stuff. Wal-mart is a good 30 minute drive so I packed crackers to keep them occupied and happy.

    • Trey (after eating one cracker I packed for him): Mommy, I need a paper towel. 
    • Me: Trey, I am driving right now I don't have a paper towel for you. 
    • Trey: I need a napkin. 
    • Me: Trey I don't have a napkin.  Can you just wipe your hands on your pants? (It was just a few crumbs!) 
    • Trey: No Mommy, then my pants will be dirty! 
    • So I sigh and pull over off the road to reach down into the floorboard to get the tissues and I end up handing him one after every. single. cracker. he ate on that trip because his hands were dirty. 
  • Today I slipped on my brown ballet flat style crocs to put some stuff in the car.  When I got to school I looked down and realized I was still in my crocs and hadn't changed into shoes to match my white floral skirt. 
  • I weigh exactly 4 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant with Trey 4 years ago, but I am up one size.  How does that work? 
  • Jay and I have been setting our alarm to get up at 5 am to work out for the past 3 days.  Today was the only day we actually got up and worked out.  1 out 3 isn't too bad :) 
  • I downloaded the 30 Day Shred workout video by Jillian Micheals back in June and I have started it three different times.  I get to about day 8 and then something in life happens and I stop.  Today I started day 1 again.  
  • I make both kids carry their plates from the dining room to the kitchen sink after every meal.  Trey is not a fan of this activity, but nothing makes Charlotte prouder than carrying her plate to the sink and chucking it in.  

1 comment: