Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blue Birthday Party: Part 2

Trey loves to help me scoop my grains, so we thought a water table would be a perfect birthday gift. He could scoop water, play outside, and stay cool all at the same time.



The water table was a hit with everyone.
Although some got a little bit more soaked than others.

Charlotte and Sadie are such sweet friends. Well, they mostly ignore each other and let their parents take pictures of them beside each other. Someday they will thank us.
Trey was so excited about his birthday cake. I told Jay this was the 3rd cake we have done for him, and if he didn't eat this one he wouldn't get another :) Not really serious, but he just isn't a cake person. Now cookies and ice cream, they are more his thing. Nonetheless, he was super excited about his blue cake made for him.

He tried to start singing "Happy Birthday" to himself before we all came into the dining room. He knew what this birthday stuff was about!
Waiting so patiently for the cake to be cut up and served!
Sure enough, he ate about 2 or 3 bites of the whole thing. I think we may do an ice cream or cookie cake in the future.
After cake and ice cream it was back outside for more fun!

Trey got this really cool rocket for his birthday. He LOVES it. The best part is he can shoot the rockets, retrieve them, and put them back on the stand all by himself. He, Chandler and Tucker learned all about taking turns. My favorite part of this picture is the water gun. As soon as the water gun was unwrapped it never left Chandler's hand! No matter what he did the rest of the day, he held onto that (empty) water gun!

Charlotte got her second dress just as soaked as her first!
We were so glad it was a nice day to be outside and celebrate Trey's birthday.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party!
    Trey sounds like my kinda guy. I never liked cake much so my mom always made me a cookie cake for my birthday. This years cake was sugar cookie-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, how did your mom make it? Did she just take a cookie recipe and bake it in a cake pan? I think Trey would love a cookie cake next year!

    ReplyDelete