Sunday, March 4, 2012

Bedtime Story Hour

Last Thursday evening the school I teach at celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with Bedtime Story Hour. It is an event for students and their families to come, listen to Dr. Seuss books and spend time as a family together. I thought Trey would enjoy listening to the stories and he was old enough to handle the event. He called it a pajama party because he got to wear his pajamas.



Before it started he helped me set up. We walked down to the school library and as he walked in he started saying, "Oh, I like this book, and this book, and this tractor book..." The librarian said it made her night :)

In my classroom I read Wacky Wednesday to families. They rotated through in 15 minute sessions so I had 3 different groups of families come to my room. Jay scanned the pages of the book into a flipchart for me to use on my Promethean board so the kids could come up and circle the things that were wacky on each page. Trey was very excited about the book being on the big screen. He got a Cat in the Hat tattoo on his arm and got to pick out a cookie on the way out the door. When I loaded him into the car at the end of the night he said, "Mommy I had so much fun at my pajama party!"

No comments:

Post a Comment