Monday, November 21, 2011

November Days




November has flown by! I feel like I blinked my eyes and half the month has past me!

This month has been pretty mild in weather so we have been playing outside a lot.







Our home has a designated "play area" in the breakfast nook between the kitchen and the living room. We aren't going to win any magazine awards for having a beautifully decorated home, but the space means that I can be cooking and watching the kids and they can still see me as well. Charlotte particularly loves the area because she can get to any and every toy and have a field day.





Trey and Charlotte are playing together a lot more these days. Trey likes to read her books and has started to even put her into his lap to read to her. She likes to eat the book or just go to another and then he will start sternly telling her, "Listen, Charlotte! Listen to the book!"




Jay downloaded a free app to my phone a few weeks ago for Trey to have a game to play. It is Superwhy and Trey likes to play this game where you choose the letters to make up words. He has never done much on our phones until now and he LOVES to play his game. We try to limit it to just in the car, but sometimes when I am trying to cook I give in and let him play. He is very excited when he picks the right letter. He started playing this game about 3 weeks ago and the only letter he knew was T and now he can pick out most of them.





This week we are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. I have 2 pies made already and in the freezer, the turkey is thawing, and we are cleaning a different section of the house each evening. Trey is in charge of the floors.

No comments:

Post a Comment