Monday, October 24, 2011

China Patterns

When Jay and I got married we registered for china. Not only did we register for china, but we received twelve place settings and we use them for holiday and birthday dinners. Since having kids I think they have only appeared for late night "date" dinners at home after the kids have gone to bed. I am hoping to bring out the china again for Thanksgiving, but it may be an "at the adult table only" basis.

My Granddaddy has been packing up a lot of his home lately and graciously asked me if I would like some of my grandmother's china. I quickly accepted because you can never have too many sets of nice dishes and I thought it would be neat to mix and match china patterns for a dinner party. You know, when we no longer have high chairs and boosters seats in our dining room.

Anyways, while unpacking the dining room this evening I unpacked the boxes of china from my grandfather. They are beautiful! China is truly classic, no matter the age or pattern. The pattern has a hint of blue that happens to match perfectly with the colors in our dining room. The platter is a bit larger than my china platter so it may be hosting the turkey this year. There is also something extremely dainty and feminine about a cup of tea in a cup and saucer. Charlotte better get ready for some girly tea parties in the future.

We purchased our china cabinet unfinished and one of my first home decorating projects was finishing it after we were married. At the time we just put a polyurethane coat over the wood to keep the natural color, but now we would like to stain it to match our dining room table. That will happen some time when we have an available weekend with nothing else going on, with all the other random projects on the list.



Perfect match



Beautiful Pattern



The walls and ceiling in our home are plaster. We love the extra detail and texture it adds to the rooms. Check out the design in the dining room ceiling.



And what post is complete without a picture of our kids?



Speaking of dainty, don't you wish your legs looked so cute in a pair of tights?

No comments:

Post a Comment