Saturday, January 22, 2011

2 Under 2




I have been really blessed not to have the baby blues that impact many moms. However, every time I bring a baby home from the hospital (ok, the 2 times in my life I have done it) I cry. About nothing. And about everything.

With Trey the first night I came home I started crying because he was so beautiful, I was so happy to be a mom, and yet I was so tired I could barely function. This time I cried because I have 2 kids. In the midst of trying to make sure Charlotte was happy and Trey had something to eat that first night I started to tear up. I didn't want Trey to see my crying because 1. he never has seen his mommy cry and 2. he already had enough upsetting his life with a new sister.

The whole time evening I kept thinking.. how can I take care of 2 kids under 2? I will tell you what I have learned- you can do it with whole lot of help and 2 great kids!

Jay took off a week of work and helped me. He did laundry, dishes, and pretty much anything you can't do when you are constantly nursing an infant! Then this past week my mom came and stayed with me. She helped with cleaning, laundry, and loving on my kids. Yes you read that right- kids, plural. Sometimes I forget I have 2 kids.

Trey has been so sweet to his sister. He likes to give her hugs, rub her back and bring her a paci if she is fussy (which she hardly ever is). So far Charlotte has been content sleeping or just looking around whenever Trey needs to eat a meal or get ready for naptime or bedtime. I am not sure how she knows these are times she needs to be really good, but she is. Whenever Charlotte needs to eat Trey plays on his own or brings me toys to play with him while I sit.

So no longer do I worry about taking care of two kids. Most moms have 2 kids and they survive. Besides, have you ever seen sweeter kids?



No comments:

Post a Comment