Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To Blog or not to Blog?

So for the past six months I have been thinking of starting a blog. Why? Because since I became a mom I have many stories I want to share with others. Some of funny stories of mishaps and crazy kid behavior, some are stories of things I wish I had done differently, and some are just stories of what has happened in my day.

The thing I have learned about being a parent today is that there is no need to buy toys. I have had this thought many times in the past few months but this afternoon confirms it. I mean really toys are a waste of space. Trey has his favorite toys of course, the train that plays music and pops out balls, the cookie jar that sings when he puts shapes in, and his rubber ducks. However at this moment he is choosing to play with a shoe box and finding great joy in the shoe store advertisement and stuffing that goes inside shoes. Earlier a box of wipes was entertainment for over a half an hour. Really, why buy extra things for toys when toys apparently already exist all over the house.

I have decided this place will be a place to share about my family, our crazy life together, and the things I learn along the way as a lover of Jesus, a wife, mother, and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment