Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Playing Catch Up

My lack of blogging coincides with the end of my maternity leave.  I had a wonderful three months at home and then went back to teach for two weeks and now I am home again with all three kids.  We have a busy summer ahead and I want to do my best to document all our memories.  Here are some late May events I don't want to forget!

Trey had a community field trip to our local small town.  Charlotte, Esther and I got to tag along.  Esther slept most of the time in the ergo and Charlotte acted like she was part of the class.  We went to the fire station, bank, and a local farm.






Esther has really strong neck and trunk control so I took the bumbo out of the closet a few weeks ago.  She only sits in it for a few minutes at a time.  The big kids were quite excited to find out they still fit into the bumbo!




The kids know on Sunday morning I get to pick what they wear. I have started giving them choices of outfits so they have some control, but church is the one day a week I like them for them to actually match. 

Charlotte said, "Mommy, Esther looks like little bo peep!"


This is what happens when they get to pick their clothes: flip flop tshirt and a clip on tie. 


We spent Memorial Day Weekend at home having fun together.  The kids played so great at home and Jay and I enjoyed just relaxing as a family. We got a cheapo baby pool (why have we never gotten one before??) and made smores from a fire pit Jay put together with some rocks.  Jay and the kids had never eaten a smore before and everyone gave them 2 thumbs up!  I see lots more water play and marshmallow roasting this summer!












No comments:

Post a Comment