Monday, July 16, 2012

Trey-isms

Hearing about life through the filter of a three year old is often exciting, unpredictable and honest.  Trey keeps us on our toes by what comes out of his mouth.

Last night at church they had the VBS recap with about 200 kids in front to sing and parents and siblings in the audience. Trey hasn't been in the sanctuary very often in church so it was intimidating to him.  Walking into the room full of adults and noise to find a seat, he said to me, "I want you to carry me Mommy." So I picked him up so he wouldn't feel so small among all the adults walking around.  Then he said, "I don't think this is a good idea, I think we need to go back to the car."  The car is his "safe" place.

Today I gave Jay a hug in the dining room and Trey looked up from his lunch and said, "Oh Daddy, Mommy loves you so much.  Do you love Mommy so much?"  It was a very sweet moment.  I hope he always feels like we have a lot of love in our house.

He also likes to be the voice of reason with his sister. "No, no Charlotte, don't pull the table cloth.  You have to go to time out if you do that." 

Last week his cousin Halle visited us.  Trey loves Halle and was very sad to see her go.  When I came back from taking Halle to her house on Friday, Trey greeted me at the door and said, "I wonder what Halle is doing at her house now.  I think she wants to come back to our house."  At dinner that evening he looked around and said, "I think we are missing somebody, I think we are missing Halle." 

Then tonight his prayers went something like this, "Dear God, Thank you for food, water and all my toys. Amen."  He made sure to cover the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment