Monday, August 16, 2010

Bring on the Maternity Pants!

Today was my first day back at work. (Which is a whole other post!) Meaning my first day in a long time (besides going to church) to get up to an alarm clock, put on makeup, and wear clothes other than a tshirt and workout capris/shorts. I put on a pair of capris I had no problem wearing a few weeks ago and a longer top to cover my belly. No one ones to see a baby belly poking out when I raise my arms to staple up my bulletin boards. Why bulletin boards are all taller than me I am not sure, but thus that is my lot in life!

Anyways, around 11 am I noticed my waistband feeling a big snug and going lower than my belly. By the time I got home today I couldn't wait to take my pants off. A whole day of wearing constricting, not giving, belly rubbing pants was no fun!! Maternity pants are usually made of some type of stretchy material that allows you more freedom of movement plus a never ending stretchy waistband. I am 19 weeks pregnant, I need to just face the facts that I cannot wear my normal clothes anymore. To finish up organizing my classroom you can bet I will be wearing maternity pants tomorrow!

By the way, as soon as I came home I changed back into my tshirt and athletic shorts with an elastic waistband. Ahhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment